Blue Marble Geographics announces speakers for the online conference GeoTalks 2020
The daylong event will include presentations that cover a range of GIS topics - from assessing road and powerline transmission conditions in Nigeria to using photogrammetry to discover an indigenous cultural artifact in Colombia. Below are the following geospatial professionals who have been confirmed as GeoTalks speakers:
- Ben Follett, a Principal Engineering Geologist with WSP Australia
- Walter Payne, a Space Intelligence Analyst with the Defense Intelligence Agency USSTRATCOM, United States
- Jeff Howry, a Research Fellow at the Harvard Semitic Museum, United States
- Akpata Sylvester Balm Mifueah, a Ph.D. candidate in Geoinformatics and Surveying at University of Nigeria
- Rudy VanDrie, a Planning Engineer in Hydrology with the Central Coast Council, Wollongong City Council and Balance Research & Development, Australia
- Kelsi Schwind, the 2019 Blue Marble Academic Scholarship recipient and a Coastal and Marine System Sciences student at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, United States
"GeoTalks is a great opportunity for GIS professionals to connect with each other from all over the world," said Blue Marble Geographics President and CEO Patrick Cunningham. "We're very excited to offer this platform for a second year, and hopefully years to come."
GeoTalks is designed to be free and accessible to GIS enthusiasts around the world, who share a common interest in Blue Marble Geographics geospatial software. The 2020 event is the second Blue Marble Geographics has organized to offer a mix of company news, product development updates, software tips, and a range of presenters who share their experiences in the industry and using Blue Marble's software products. In its inaugural event in 2019, GeoTalks had more than 800 registrations.
ABOUT BLUE MARBLE GEOGRAPHICS: Blue Marble Geographics® is a GIS and geodetic software company that provides cutting-edge yet accessible products designed for both novice and experienced geospatial professionals. Blue Marble's expertise spans a broad spectrum of the geospatial technology sector with a particular focus on coordinate conversion, Lidar and photogrammetric point cloud processing, geospatial software development kits, and user-driven product development.
Cíntia Miranda, Director of Marketing
Blue Marble Geographics
Hallowell, ME, USA
+1(207) 622-4622 ext. 1132