At Blue Marble Geographics, we are as committed to excellence as we are to your opportunity to make a difference - you'll be a part of a company that takes pride in its achievements, knowing that customers benefit from the products we develop. We invite you to learn about the opportunity to contribute to our team.
Technical GIS Software Content Writer & Editor
The main function of the marketing department at Blue Marble Geographics is to develop and execute campaigns aimed at maximizing brand recognition and profits for the company. The role of the Content Writer & Editor is to produce marketing content in a variety of formats to best communicate the value of Blue Marble Geographics products worldwide. A successful candidate will have experience producing content about software, the GIS industry, or other related scientific fields.
Responsibilities of the Content Writer & Editor include:
- Produces well-researched, validated, and high-quality content for publication online and in print. Employs rules set by the organization's brand guidelines. Responsible for all marketing content creation, unless otherwise assigned to a different team member by the Marketing Director or President of Blue Marble Geographics.
- Maintains an open channel of communication with the Vice President of Sales, Product Manager, and Training Manager to identify customers' needs and produces content that is highly relevant to our target audiences.
- Proofreads and edits content produced by other members of the marketing team. Pays close attention to detail, follows English grammar rules, and avoids typos.
- Ensures all Blue Marble Geographics content is in compliance with laws regulating the technology industry and marketing activities worldwide.
- Organizes and maintains an editorial calendar with the assistance of the Marketing Director. Responsible for fulfilling all editorial deadlines.
- Utilizes industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's mission and goals to inspire ideas for engaging content in a variety of formats - written, audio, video, and graphic.
- Uses search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
- Maintains a social media presence for Blue Marble Geographics and Global Mapper by creating and posting engaging content, using hashtags appropriately, responding to comments and messages during business hours, and promoting content with the assigned social media budget.
- Contacts Blue Marble Geographics' clients for interviews to produce case studies.
- Travels and works at conferences representing Blue Marble Geographics when needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Marketing Director and/or President of Blue Marble Geographics.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Technology, GIS, English, communications, journalism or related field
- Basic knowledge of GIS software
- Experience in GIS, geodesy, or scientific technical writing
- 3-5 years of professional experience writing and editing technical content for a B-2-B audience
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, including SEO, email marketing and web analytics
- Excellent technical writing skills, as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively and consistently meet tight deadlines
- HTML knowledge and experience using WordPress preferred
- Excellent eye for detail
This job description may be updated as needed to reflect tasks relevant to the goals of the marketing department.
Fully covered health insurance, paid vacation, 401k, casual attire.
Cover letter is required, apply by email only. Blue Marble Geographics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Blue Marble Geographics
22 Carriage Lane
Hallowell, Maine 04347 U.S.A.
You may see a list of all current job openings here.